Academic Advisors help you reach your academic goals. They do this by:
- Developing an educational plan with you.
- Letting you know of available opportunities and referring you to resources on campus.
- Ensuring you understand and apply university policies, procedures and rules.
- Helping you resolve academic problems, conflicts and concerns.
2013 New Student Guide
The 2013 New Student Guide (PDF - 6.89MB) outlines the course selection process, how to pay your fees and highlights numerous resources available on campus.
More About Academic Advising
- The Advising Offices are located in GH 108. They're open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and are closed for lunch from noon to 1:00 p.m.
- If you choose not to make an appointment, Academic Advisors are available for drop-ins on Monday and Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday and Friday morning. For all other times you can make an appointment with Student Services at ext. 6288. Please book at least a day in advance.
- Your Academic Advisor makes every effort to keep these office hours. However, conflicts in their schedules may arise. If your advisor is unable to keep a scheduled appointment, the office will inform you by email.
- To cancel an appointment please email your advisor or call Laura at ext. 6288.
- You may also book an appointment to meet with a Learning Support Peer (LSP). Reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them at the Learning Commons Desk (across from Williams Coffee).