The Ontario Work-Study Program offers students with financial need the opportunity to work on campus while going to school. Most positions are flexible around your timetable, and the rate of pay is between $9.50 - $11.00 per hour. Departments that frequently hire students include: Student Life, Recruitment, Financial Aid, the Career Centre, Library, Media Services, Athletics, Public Safety and Student Residence.
To be eligible to participate you must:
- have lived in Ontario for at least one year, as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- be enrolled in at least 60% of a full course load each semester (40% for students with disabilities).
- be in satisfactory academic standing.
How to apply
- Complete the Work-Study application to determine if you qualify. The application requires you to provide a budget demonstrating financial need. Qualified students will be provided with a Confirmation Letter, which will allow you to apply for Work-Study funded positions on campus.
- Paper applications and a complete listing of available jobs are available at the Humber Career Centre (H107). Additional information about job opportunities and support from qualified staff is also available. Online applications are also available.