Podium & Classroom Orientation
All classrooms are equipped with AV equipment, including:
- ceiling mounted data projector
- desktop computer
- laptop connection
- DVD and VHS player and RCA port
The following guidelines explain how to use this equipment effectively. Academic Services provides podium orientations to faculty. If you are interested in learning more, please contact your Faculty Support Officer.
Accessing AV Equipment
Scan your Lenel card to open the AV Closet and activate the AV system.
Activating the Projection System
- At the podium, you will be presented with a menu screen that asks you to Select a Source (PC/Laptop, DVD etc.). Select one. This will activate the system. The projector will turn on and begin to warm up (this takes about 30 seconds).
- If you select Computer you will need to log in. You login information is the same as on your office computer.
- If you select VHS or DVD the touch panel will bring up the controls for it. Remember: if you are using a diskette, CD, videotape or DVD they are located in the AV Closet. You must put your disk or tape in the respective device and then use the podium to control it.
- If you have selected a source and the projector is showing a blue screen, check the AV Closet to ensure that the device you have selected is powered ON. If the device is turned on, then re-select the source device from the touch panel (simply touch the icon again).
- If it is the room PC and you are getting a blue screen, try wiggling the mouse or press a key on the keyboard - the computer may be in Sleep mode.
- If you need a VGA cable to connect your laptop to the system, you can sign one out for your class from the Support Centre in NX210 - remember to Output your laptop signal.
Logging Off and Shutting Down
- Remember to log off the computer if you've been using it before you shut down the system.
- Most important: when you are finished, please touch the PROJ OFF (projector off) button to shut down. A screen should appear asking you if you are sure you want to shut down. Select Yes.
- Please do not use the PICTURE ON/OFF icon to finish your show as all equipment remains active.
- Please remember to shut down and close the AV Closet door when you are finished.
For technical help:
- Support Centre: 416.675.6622 ext. 8888
For immediate assistance simply pick up the courtesy telephone located in each classroom, and follow the automated prompt.