Missed Tests & Exams
Below is a summary of the procedures for missed tests and exams. For the full policy, please visit the University of Guelph-Humber Academic Calendar.
If a student misses a quiz, test or midterm exam, it is at the discretion of the faculty member to evaluate the eligibility for a make-up test.
For any student that is granted permission to write a make-up test, the faculty must inform his/her Faculty Support Officer of the date and time of the make-up test and provide a copy of the test. All make-up test are written in Humber's Test Centre room B104.
Once the Faculty Support Officer is informed of these accommodations:
- Your Faculty Support Officer will complete the Test Centre Referral Form.
- You are responsible for communicating the date and time of the make-up test to your student.
- Humber's Test Centre will accommodate students according to the instructions you give.
- The student is responsible for reserving a computer, if necessary, with Humber's Test Centre at least a week in advance.
- All test are fully invigilated.
- The test will be delivered and picked up by the Faculty Support Officer.
If a student misses a final examination, it is not at the discretion of the faculty member to evaluate eligibility for a deferred exam. The student must apply for Academic Consideration through the Registrars office (GH 108) and will be emailed the result of his/her application. If a student has been approved for a deferred exam, he/she will write during the deferred exam period specified by the Registrar.
The Academic Advisor will communicate with the Faculty Support Officer, the faculty member and the student of the decision as well as the date and time of the deferred final exam.