Research Grant Fund
The University of Guelph-Humber invites faculty to submit research proposals for support through its Research Grant Fund. Approved projects provide invaluable experiences to our students, who serve as research assistants to the principal researchers.
Currently, the university's Research Funding Selection Committee is accepting submissions for a third round of funding. The deadline is February 28th, 2013.
Dr. George Bragues, Assistant Vice-Provost & Program Head, Business
416-798-1331, ext. 6049
- Faculty members with a teaching affiliation at the University of Guelph-Humber will be given preference.
- In case of joint applications between Humber or Guelph faculty, one of the faculty should act as principal researcher.
- Research proposals which will be submitted towards an advanced degree are not eligible.
- The proposal must demonstrate meaningful University of Guelph-Humber current student participation.
- Student criteria – current University of Guelph-Humber students in good academic standing.
- Research undertaken must comply with the principal researcher’s institutional policies on the conduct of research, in particular ethical clearance for the use of human subjects.
- Funds are released after required human participant protocols are approved.
- Applied research projects within courses do not normally qualify.
The research fund will benefit students by providing them the opportunity to:
- participate in scholarly activities and the production of knowledge.
- develop research skills.
- add research project participation/activities to their resumés.
The research fund will benefit faculty by:
- supporting their research projects.
- increasing faculty engagement in the University of Guelph-Humber's academic mission.
The research fund will benefit the institution by:
- encouraging and supporting University of Guelph-Humber scholarship.
- increasing University of Guelph-Humber’s visibility within the academic community.