Course websites are available to all faculty each semester. To request a website, or to re-activate an old one, send an approved course outline to the appropriate Faculty Support Officer at least two (2) weeks in advance of the start of the semester. Beginning with the Fall 2012 semester, you can use your e-mail (Gryph mail) username and password to log in to onlineguelphhumber.ca, which will be sent to you by your Faculty Support Officer.
Once you have received your login and password go to: onlineguelphhumber.ca.
Search for your course in the My University of Guelph-Humber courses box.
- Your students will automatically receive access to your course website within 4-5 days of registering. They can search for the course website in the same manner at: www.onlineguelphhumber.ca.
- Send lecture material and resources to be posted firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific instructions. If you are requesting a link to a file please include what you would like the link to be called. Requests will be posted within 48 hours. Please note: you are responsible for ensuring that all posted course material is free of copyright.
Desire2Learn Platform Upgrade and Access to Course Websites for Fall 2012
In order to provide you with improved services and features, the Desire2Learn (D2L) platform is being upgraded to version 9.4.1. Although more features and tools will be available, the immediate impact of this upgrade on courses, instructors and students will be minimal.
All changes will take effect on August 15, 2012.
New! Log in to Your Course Websites Using Your Central Login ID and Password.
For your convenience, the same user ID and password will be used for accessing multiple services. While the course login page will look different after the platform upgrade, the major change to be aware of is that you will now be able to access your course websites, Gryph Mail, and Web Advisor using your central login ID and password. The location of the login page for course websites will remain accessible from: http://www.onlineguelphhumber.ca/ You will be able to access archived versions of courses via a link on the login page.
What is a Central Login ID and Password?
Your username and password is the same account that you use to access your Guelph-Humber e-mail account (Gryph Mail). To access your course websites, go to the login page, click on the bright orange “Login” button and enter your central login ID and password.
Processes around accessing the Help Desk, e-mail addresses, course requests etc. will remain the same. If you have any issues, please contact the appropriate Faculty Support Officer.
Any instructor requiring access to their course website(s) prior to August 15, 2012 for fall preparation can do so via a temporary login page at http://www.onlineguelphhumber.ca/temporary/index.html
New Features and Tools
For those interested, a summary of the available features and tools included on the upgraded platform, D2L 9.4.1, will be available from the News tool after you log in. These additional features and tools are available by request through the Technical Help contact information listed on this page.
For technical help please contact:
- Phone: 519.824.4121 ext. 56939, or, Toll Free: 1.866.275.1478
- Email: email@example.com (please include course code and section)
Technical Help Hours:
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday
- 12:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. Sunday