Meet Aren S.
In your decision-making process the main thing you need to know is that you have a passion to work with or for children. Through the small class sizes, practicums and your peers, your network will evolve, and your professional path will explore options you didn't know existed!
- Early Childhood Resource Room Coordinator, Early Childhood Resource Room
- Entrance Scholarship (now the Renewable Entrance Scholarship)
- Guelph-Humber Gold Medallion for Leadership Excellence
- Guelph-Humber Leadership Development Conference Funding
- Guelph-Humber Award Recipient for Demonstrating Excellence in Field Placement
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- 2nd year: Palmerston Community Day Care
- 3rd year: Montrose Child Care Centre (infant room) and SickKids Hospital
- 4th year: Scholastic Canada
Aren's placement at SickKids Hospital sparked a passion in therapeutic literature. Read more about her eye-opening experience at Scholastic Canada.
- Greece, Philosophy and Mythology
Where is Aren now?
Aren's love of the University of Guelph-Humber prompted her to take a position as the Early Childhood Studies Program and Events Coordinator.
While working Aren is also pursuing a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education from Ryerson University.
Explore your options inside and outside of class to build your portfolio of soft and hard skills.