Skip to main content

International Applicant: How to Apply

You are an International Applicant if:

  • You currently reside outside of Canada, and
  • You are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
  • You are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program (in Ontario or abroad).

Application deadline: March 1, 2018

Apply online

Apply online through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) using the 105F form. University of Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph.

Application fees

You will pay an OUAC application fee of $156 for your first three program choices and an assessment fee of $80. Each additional program choice is $50. If you remove a program choice and add a new one at the same university, there is no additional fee.

Full breakdown of OUAC fees.

Rank your preference

If you apply to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber, you can expect to receive only one offer of admission from the University. The highest ranked choice will be considered first. Only in the event that you are not admissible to your highest choice will your next choice be considered. 

Document requirements

Document deadline: March 1, 2018

Transcripts and required documents: Official high school and college/university transcripts should be sent directly to the University of Guelph-Humber from the originating institution in a sealed envelope.

International high school applicants are encouraged to submit a Student Profile, completed online.

International transfer applicants must send course outlines/syllabi by the document deadline as part of their transfer credit assessment.

You will be required to provide proof of English proficiency if English is not your first language and you have studied less than four years in an English language school (minimum high school level). Proof of English proficiency must be provided with your required documents.

You may also be required to submit an Education Declaration. Download the Education Declaration for completion.

Documentation, including transcripts, can be submitted in the following ways:

  • Request the institution to send transcripts directly to the University of Guelph-Humber, Admission Services.
  • Collect transcripts in a sealed envelope from the institution(s) and deliver or mail them to the University of Guelph-Humber, Admission Services.

Please send your official high school and any postsecondary transcripts and any other documentation directly to:

University of Guelph-Humber
Admission Services
207 Humber College Blvd
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7

Students meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for admission on an ongoing basis as soon as all required documentation has been received.The document deadline is March 1, 2018.

What authorization do I need to study in Canada?

You must have a valid study permit to study at the University of Guelph-Humber. To obtain an application form, contact the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Canadian Immigration Office. The process for obtaining a study permit varies for each country.

All the required information for processing a study permit will be included in the offer of admission package.

For information on how to apply for study permits and visas, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at

Tracking your application

Once we’ve received your application, we will email and mail you your login and password to WebAdvisor, our online student system. This account allows you to track your application status and lists all the documents required. You can expect to receive a decision as early as three weeks following the submission of all required documents.