Skip to main content

International Transfer Applicant - Applying

Join our diverse community at the University of Guelph-Humber! Study in Toronto, one of the most multicultural cities in the world.

View International Guide

To be considered an International Transfer Applicant:

  • You currently live outside of Canada, and
  • You have a degree, diploma or coursework from a recognized university or college outside of Canada

Note: If you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant who fits the above criteria, you will be assessed based on the admission requirements for the country where you completed your university or college degree, diploma or coursework, and must follow the application process below. However, you will be eligible for domestic (Canadian) tuition and scholarships.

  • Review Entry Point & Important Dates
Program and Subject Requirement

Entry Point

Important Dates

Fall (September 2023)

All applicants will be considered for admission to all programs.

Application Deadline: May 1, 2023

Document Deadline: May 15, 2023

  • All application pathways for Fall 2023 are closed:

1. Ontario Universities' Application Centre - CLOSED

We recommend using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre ( website if you are planning to apply to more than one university in Ontario. You will use the 105 application.

When you apply through the OUAC website, the $156 (CAD) application fee allows you to apply to three programs/universities. You pay $50 (CAD) for each additional program/university.

Getting started
You will create a user profile on the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre website to start the application process.

Choose your program
University of Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph section of the OUAC application. You can use the OUAC program code to help you find a program on the OUAC website, also.

Program codes (for full-time study):

  • Business - GDB
  • Community Social Services - GHF
  • Early Childhood Education - GHE
  • Justice Studies - GMP
  • Kinesiology - GHK
  • Media and Communication Studies - GMT
  • Psychology - GMA

Rank your preference
If you apply to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber and you have never attended postsecondary studies, you will be considered for all programs to which you apply.

If you are a transfer applicant (i.e., have attended any postsecondary study) and you apply to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber, you can expect to receive only one offer of admission from the University. The highest-ranked choice will be considered first. Only in the event that you are not admissible to your highest choice will your next choice be considered. If you want to reorder your UofGH program rankings, please amend your application on the OUAC website.

2. University of Guelph International Online Application - CLOSED

We encourage you to use this application page if you are applying to only one Ontario university (that would be us!), because you pay a reduced application fee of only $90 (CAD).

The application is hosted on our partner's—The University of Guelph's—website. This special application page uses the Ontario Universities' Application Centre to process single international applications for the University of Guelph-Humber.

3. The Common Application - CLOSED

If you are applying to the University of Guelph-Humber in addition to American colleges, you may apply through The Common Application website (The Common App). 

Getting started
You will create a user profile on The Common App website to start the application process.

Add the University to your My Colleges list
After completing the application questions, select the College Search tab and search for the University of Guelph. Please note that there is no specific mention of the University of Guelph-Humber on this website. All Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph.

Choose your program
All University of Guelph-Humber programs are at the bottom of the list, following University of Guelph programs. If prompted to select a major, select the default option.

  • Submit required documents

Admission Services will contact you regarding the documents required, once your application is received.

Documents to submit may include:

Official transcripts (required)
You must request all college/university (in-progress and final) transcripts and high school transcripts to be sent to from your school administrator/counselor. We encourage you to send interim transcripts as early as possible to assist with your admission consideration. If needed, you may request the originating institution(s) send your official transcripts in a sealed envelope directly to the University.

We highly recommend that you have your international credentials evaluated prior to applying to determine how your credentials will be recognized in Canada. Credentials can be evaluated through World Education Services. Please submit a WES or ICAS Course by Course evaluation and ensure that you add the University of Guelph-Humber as a recipient to your file once you make an application to the University of Guelph-Humber. Fees for the credential evaluation may apply.

English language requirements (may be required)
If your first language is not English, or if you have completed less than four years of study in English at the secondary (or postsecondary) level, then you are required to submit proof of English proficiency. Test results must be less than two years prior to your application. Please refer to our chart of accepted tests/scores.

You will receive an email with detailed instructions (after you apply) if you are required to demonstrate English proficiency as part of your application.

Education Declaration (may be required)
You can find the Education Declaration online. It is a form provided by the University to document your academic history. You will be notified on your WebAdvisor account if we require this form.

Detailed course syllabi
Please submit detailed course outlines and syllabi for transfer credit assessment purposes.

Transfer Credit
Transcripts, in addition to course syllabi and other supporting documents, will be evaluated at the time of admission to determine potential transfer credit. Your completed postsecondary coursework will be assessed for relevance and credit awarded where applicable. Please note, certificates are not eligible for transfer credit.

Our transfer credit policy allows a maximum of 5.0 credits for a two-year diploma from a recognized institution (i.e., 1 year) and a maximum of 10.0 credits for a three-year diploma from a recognized institution (i.e., 2 years) University transfer applicants will have credit reviewed on a course by course basis from recognized institutions. Please note that course sequencing for our programs is very structured each semester. Although you may receive transfer credit towards your degree, a required course may not be offered until a specific semester, which may result in a longer degree completion time.

An official Transfer Credit Assessment will be included with your offer of admission.

If you have any questions, please email our International Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator or call (+1) 416.798.1331 ext. 17798. Please note that phone calls and appointment meetings take place during business hours in ET.

Please note: Documents submitted in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be returned. Documents are protected under provincial privacy legislation.