Visiting Student Applicant
Application Procedures for Visiting Students
To qualify as a visiting student, you must identify as one of the following:
1.You are currently enrolled in University and want to take University of Guelph-Humber courses on Letter of Permission.
- You will need to have the necessary prerequisites. Please refer to the respective program plan for course prerequisites.
- Submit official transcripts of all your official post-secondary education to Admission Services in a sealed envelope.
- Send an official copy of your Letter of Permission from your home institution to Admission Services in a sealed envelope.
2.You would like to enroll in University of Guelph-Humber courses to fulfill the requirements of a professional designation.
- Submit official transcripts of all your post-secondary education to Admission Services.
- Submit proof of membership (including full, associate or student memberships) in an approved association.
All visiting students have non-degree status which means they are not working towards a University of Guelph-Humber degree.
Complete the following steps to submit an application for visiting student:
- Refer to the semester schedule to determine which course and section you would like to take. Semester schedules are published in the semester prior. Please include your top three choices for course sections, as we cannot guarantee that there will be space in your first section choice.
- Complete the visiting student application and submit all official documents to admissions by the respective deadline dates listed below.
Entry Point Summer Fall Winter Application and Document Deadline April 1 August 1 December 1
- You will be registered in the course(s) pending approval and space availability. A visiting student is responsible for having the prerequisites required.
Submission of Documents
Please note that all academic supporting documentation, including transcripts and Letters of Permission, must be official originals sent directly from the issuing institution in an institutionally sealed envelope (that remains unopened), carrying an official stamp, seal and/or authorizing signature of the issuing institution. Materials submitted become the property of the University and will not be returned.
Please submit all documentation to the address below:
University of Guelph-Humber
Admission Services – GH 103
207 Humber College Blvd.
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7
Your application will not be processed until all documentation is received.
When will you hear from us?
Decisions will be made a few weeks prior to the start of the semester. We will send you an email when a decision on your application has been made. This email will contain next steps before starting classes as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions about applying as a visiting student, please contact Admission Services at 416-798-1331, ext. 6239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.