Using ARES electronic reserves
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request one-on-one training on how to create your own electronic reserves.
To place an item on reserve, submit the online reserve form.
What can you place on reserve?
- Scanned book chapters
- Electronic journal articles
- Website links
- Audio/visual material
- PowerPoint slides
- Documents you have created
How do students access it?
- Electronically through our ARES system
- Via permalinks on your course website
eReserves submission guidelines
- Fall semester: July 10
- Winter semester: November 1
- Summer semester: April 1
How long does it take to get copyright?
- 4-6 weeks for anything that was originally in print
- Within 1 week for database articles
- Longer at the beginning of the semester
You will need:
- clean photocopies of the material
- the resource’s title, author, publisher, publication year, and page numbers
- Guelph central login (if you don't know it, ask your faculty support officer to confirm.)
- Collect the required items.
- Submit the items using ARES or submit the submit the online reserve form.
- Remember that reserves are administered on a semester basis. Faculty who wish to carry their reserves forward into a new semester should contact email@example.com.
If you scan materials yourself and upload them to your course website without obtaining permission, you are violating copyright.