Placing an item on reserve
To place an item on reserve, submit the print reserve form and bring the materials you wish to place on reserve to GH203.
What can you place on reserve?
- Textbooks, books and book chapters
- Lecture notes
- Suggested readings & supplemental articles
Full bibliographic information is required, in addition to the number of students receiving copies. You can bring items for reserve to either your Faculty Support Officer or to Library Services in GH203. Reserve copies are subject to library review.
What cannot be placed on reserve?
- Systematic publishing from the same source
- Course packs or custom publications
- Harvard or Ivey School of Business case studies
Include the following information from the original source:
- Year of publication
- Pages to be copied
- Total number of pages in the work
How do students access it?
Students can check out the material at the Humber Circulation desk and read it in the library for 1, 2 or 3 hours.
The library can purchase one copy of print material for you to put on reserve. Contact your academic liaison librarian for more details.
Did you know?
- Any published material that was originally in print and then scanned must have copyright permission before you can upload it to your course website.
- Publishers have the right to refuse copyright permission.