Do you feel you need a change of pace? If so, join the many others like you who chose to continue their studies at the University of Guelph-Humber.
We accept transfer students into all of our programs. If you decide to make the switch, these are some steps to make the process easier.
Determine what type of applicant you are
The type of applicant you are determines your admission requirements and there are three types of transfer applicants:
General College Applicant: Transferring from any diploma program from a recognized institution, not considered “high-affinity.”
Learn more about applying as a general college transfer applicant.
College High-Affinity Applicant: Transferring from a diploma program from a recognized institution that has been deemed "high-affinity." Students transferring from high-affinity diploma programs are typically eligible to receive a block of pre-determined transfer credit based on successful diploma completion.
University Transfer Applicant: Transferring with a university degree or from a university program. Learn more about applying as a university transfer applicant.
Learn about our academic programs
UofGH’s programs integrate academic learning with hands-on experience. Read more about each of our programs below:
Research our scholarships
The University of Guelph-Humber has a number of scholarships available to incoming students. Check to see if you're eligible for our Renewable Entrance Scholarship, an award that you can receive for up to four years of study.
See full list of scholarships and awards
How to apply
Once you’ve determined what type of applicant you are and what programs you’re interested in, you’re ready to apply. Here are the steps to do it.
1. Apply online: Applications must be submitted through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) website using the 105D application form. You can apply for up to three programs for a base application fee of $156. In order to assess your application, you will be required to submit a non-refundable fee of $70 to the OUAC.
2. Choose your program and entry point: *Important* University of Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph section of the OUAC application.
Summer (May) bridge entry: Select from Early Childhood Studies, Family and Community Social Services and Kinesiology.
Fall (September) entry: All programs. You will only be admitted to the entry point for which you have applied. If you wish to be considered for a different entry point you will be required to change your OUAC application or re-apply through the OUAC.
3. Rank your preferences: If you’re applying to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber, rank your preferences on the application. You will only be considered for admission to the highest-ranked program. If you want to reorder your program rankings, please amend your online application.
4. Submit required documents and keep track of important dates:
To complete your application, you may to include documents like transcripts and course syllabi. You'll also need to meet the application deadlines. See the full list here.
5. Track your application: Once we’ve received your application, we will email and mail you your account login and password to WebAdvisor, our online student information management system. This account allows you to track your application status and lists all the documents required. You can expect to receive a decision as soon as three weeks following the submission of all required official documents.