Skip to main content

Apply to Graduate

Apply to Graduate for Spring 2018

The deadline for applications to graduate is Friday, March 2, 2018. Any applications submitted past the deadline will be subject to a $60 processing fee. 

Please be sure to complete steps 1 and 2 prior to applying to graduate to ensure that you receive all relevant communication regarding your graduation status.

Note: There is no ceremony for the Fall 2017 graduation but graduates are invited to attend the ceremony in June 2018.

Step 1: Update your address

You must complete your Notice of Change of Address forms prior to completing your Application to Graduate in order to receive all communication related to Convocation, including graduation tickets. 

Notice of Change of Address forms completed after an Application to Graduate will not be reflected on your student file and we cannot guarantee you will receive all relevant communication.

Step 2: Declare an Area of Emphasis (AoE)

If your program supports the choice of an Area of Emphasis, please complete a Declaration of Area of Emphasis form. This emphasis will be noted on your diploma parchment from Humber College.

Please note that your area of emphasis will not show on your degree parchment from the University of Guelph.

Step 3: Apply to Graduate

You must apply to graduate! All applications to graduate must be submitted through WebAdvisor by Friday, March 2, 2018.

Please note: On the application to graduate, there is an option for your degree to be read as Baccalaureate. This is the Latin term for Bachelors degree. These terms mean the same thing. Please choose one as you would like it to appear on your degree.

Graduation Standing

Standing on graduation is noted for graduates from the honours programs as follows:

Degree with Distinction: Cumulative average of 80% or higher.
Degree with Honours: Cumulative average of 70-79%.
Degree with Standing: Cumulative average of less than 70%.

If you have any questions or concerns about your eligibility to graduate, please contact your Academic Advisor.

Please note: Your distinction will not appear on your degree parchment, but will be available on your official transcript.

Outstanding fees

Any graduating student who has an outstanding balance at the time of Convocation, will be placed on Financial Sanction and will not be issued the official degree or diploma parchment at the convocation ceremony. Parchments will be withheld until payment is made.