Skip to main content


Student Financial Services (SFS) Availability

I have questions about student accounts, OSAP, government aid and/or scholarships, bursaries, and other awards. How do I contact you? SFS staff is available by email and are responding as quickly as possible to emails. Questions can be directed to Student Financial Services Advisors are also available via on-line audio calls through Microsoft Teams. To book an appointment, please use our appointment booking system.

Student Accounts – Tuition, Refunds and Payments

Q: Can I opt out of student fees for winter 2022?

Effective May 1, 2020, most fees that were optional in the fall 2019 and winter 2020 semesters are now compulsory for University of Guelph-Humber students. This includes Student Organization fees and other University fees. IGNITE has one optional fee which they have chosen to waive for the Winter 2022 semester.

As such, for the 2021/2022 academic year, optional fees will not be charged. Students will still be responsible to pay compulsory fees. To find out information on Opting out of the Health and Dental plan, please visit the IGNITE website.

Q: How can I make a payment on my student account?

Q: I have a credit on my student account. How do I receive my refund?

There is a new and improved process for receiving refunds! Please follow the steps on the Refunds webpage to receive your refund. Domestic refunds (i.e., being deposited into a Canadian bank account) will be issued through Interac e-Transfer.

Please allow one to two weeks for a refund to be processed. If you have any questions about refunds, contact

Q: When is the Winter 2022 payment deadline?

Winter 2022 bills for tuition and fees are now posted on WebAdvisor. The payment deadline for your full bill is January 14, 2022.

Q: What if I can’t pay my Winter 2022 tuition by the deadline?

If you are unable to pay your student account in full by the payment deadline, you can request to pay your tuition in installments by completing the Financial Arrangement Request Form (FARF) on the Forms and Documents page. The late payment fee will be waived for Winter 2022 as long as you complete the FARF. Your FARF will be reviewed, and you will receive an email in your email account indicating if your FARF has been approved or denied. Your form will not be reviewed until the minimum payment (as indicated on your FARF) is received on your student account. The $60 deferral fee will be waived for the Winter 2022 semester.

OSAP / Government Aid

Q: I need to reset my OSAP password. What do I do?

Reset your OSAP password:


  • Visit the OSAP website
  • Click “Log In”
  • Click “Forgot OAN or password” to retrieve either your OSAP Access Number (OAN) or password using the online or email options.
If you cannot retrieve the information this way, contact


Q: How do I submit my OSAP supporting documentation?

If possible, submit your OSAP documentation directly through your OSAP account online. You can upload documents from the Print/Upload page in your account.

If you have other documents such as reviews or appeals, look for the link that says, “Click here if you have other (optional) documents to upload”. This will take you to the Optional Uploads page where you can submit application updates or review documents.

You can also email documents to Please use your Guelph-Humber email account and include your student ID in your email message. Please send documents as PDFs when possible.

Q: Do I need to report the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB), Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) and/or Wage Earner Protection Program (WEPP) on my OSAP application?

Yes, CERB, CESB, CRB, CRSB and WEPP income received during your OSAP study period would need to be reported as "other income." You should not report these in the government income section of your application but rather include them along with all other income in your response to the "other income" question.

Q: OSAP asks for parental income from 2020 but the 2021 income will be less due to COVID. What can I do?

If parental income for 2021 will be less due to unexpected and/or one-time extenuating circumstances (e.g., job loss, illness, retirement, etc.), you can submit a “Request to Use Parents’ Estimated Income” review. The form is available on the OSAP website or by contacting

Q: What do I do if my OSAP is zero or I did not receive the funding that I was expecting?

We recommend that you review your application to ensure the information is correct. Common errors or omissions include but are not limited to:

  • incorrect course load;
  • reporting university scholarships/bursaries that the school reports on your behalf resulting in your awards being counted twice;
  • adding decimals to parental income resulting in higher income being reported;
  • not completing a Request for Review: Adjust Living Allowance form if your parents reside within 30km but you do not live with them

We recommend that you log into your OSAP account, select “check status” and select “View a summary of your application” to review your application and ensure your responses are correct. You cannot make changes to your application yourself, therefore if you want to update information on your application, you must upload a signed letter to OSAP website that identifies the items you want to update or change along with any required documents.

If you have concerns after reviewing you application or you are unsure, please contact with a brief summary of your situation/concerns for guidance