Ontario has introduced 30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant for full-time undergraduate students at the province's colleges and universities. The new grant is based on a 30% reduction of average tuition at Ontario post-secondary institutions.
Visit the OTG website for details.
The Ontario Tuition Grant was introduced for terms beginning on or after January 1, 2012. It is not available retroactively.
Who is eligible for the Ontario Tuition Grant?
You are eligible if ...
- You're a full-time student at a public college, university or private postsecondary school in Ontario approved for OSAP
- You’ve been out of high school for:
- less than 4 years (or less than 6 years if you have a permanent disability), or
- more than 4 years but less than 5 years and you’re in the 4th or 5th year of an eligible co-op program
- You’re in a program you can apply to directly from high school (e.g., undergraduate level)
- You meet the citizenship and residency requirements
- Your parents’ gross income (total before taxes) is $160,000 or less
How do I apply?
If you receive OSAP you'll be considered automatically. If OSAP needs more information from you to determine your eligibility, you'll be contacted directly by the ministry. If you are eligible, the new grant will be deposited into your bank account or a cheque will be sent to your mailing address.
If you don't receive OSAP you need to apply for it online. To apply, you'll need:
- Your Social Insurance Number
- Your parent(s)' Social Insurance Number(s)
- The amount on Line 150 of your parent(s) 2013 tax return(s) (if they filed taxes in Canada)
- Information about your parent(s)’ total gross income (if they didn’t file taxes in Canada)
To complete the application:
- Go to the OSAP website
- Register for an OSAP Access Number
- Submit the online application form
- Print the two signature pages – one for you and one for your parents
- Submit the the two signature pages by mail or drop them off at our office:
Student Financial Services
207 Humber College Blvd.
For more information, visit the OSAP website or call the Ontario Tuition Grant inquiry line at 1-888-449-4478.