Skip to main content

Printing (ACTS)

Student Printing

Printers are available for students in each computer lab and the Learning Commons area.

Students receive 2,500 print credits a semester for 8 1/2 x 11 printing. These credits are associated with the Humber (N#) account and are “topped up” at the beginning of each semester. Unused credits are not redeemable or transferable. These print credits are only for 8 1/2 x 11 Black & White or Colour printing.

Type of Printing

Paper Size

Credits / Sheet

Black & White


8.5 x 11

8.5 x 11 



If you need additional print credits, or to print other than an 8 1/2 x 11 size sheet, you may purchase print credit vouchers at the Bookstore in blocks of 500 credits for $5.00. Vouchers can be redeemed at Humber College in H205 or N205 at the North Campus. Purchased print credits carry forward from semester to semester as long as you are enrolled in at least one course or are returning the following semester.

dollar signStudents can purchase print credits using Pharos Print Center.
For more information see the Quick Reference Guide.

colour printer iconHow to print using the colour printer in the Learning Commons (GH212).

University of Guelph-Humber and Humber College Virtual ONECard

ONECard is a smartphone application that will be used by students, instructors and staff as their digital identification, digital key and digital wallet solution for campus-wide services. It’s free, easy to use and secure. Visit the ONECard website to learn more about it.  

Web-based Printing Service for Students

Our web-based printing allows you to print documents from your personal computer to the Learning Commons printer. Regardless of where you are on campus, in residence, or even at home, you can upload documents and send them to the Learning Commons printer.

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log in to using your Humber (N#) username and password.

2. Upload your document using the upload button. If you need to print multiple pages or print from a range of pages, select the option in the Print options menu (bottom right corner).

3. Once you get to a print release station on campus, you will be able to log in and print your job.

Staff and Faculty Printing

We have multifunction colour printers and photocopiers specifically for staff and faculty on each floor. You will need your Lenel security card to access the staff printing rooms.

Faculty: To get access to staff printing rooms, contact your Faculty Support Officer.

Staff: To get access to staff printing rooms, contact the Finance & Administration Coordinator (ext. 6044, Room: GH403).

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

What will happen if I cancel my print job?

If you cancel your print job, your account will not be charged. Print credits are only deducted for jobs that make it to the printer.

What happens if I do not get my printing?

In some labs, print jobs are held until their owner “releases” them. Release Stations are computers that allow users to select jobs that were sent to the printer for printing and check their credit balance. Jobs that are not selected and released after 60 minutes are automatically deleted from the print queue. Users are not charged for unreleased print jobs.

If you are printing in the Library or E-link lab, first make sure you have released your print job. If you did release your print job and a reasonable amount of time has passed without your job printing, see a Humber Lab Support Technician in NX210 for a refund.

What happens if my print job is of poor-quality?

If your print job is of poor-quality, show your printed page to a Humber Lab Support Technician for a refund. They will not refund pages printed in error or for typing mistakes. Please preview your printing before sending it to the printer.

Where do I find a Humber Lab Support Technician?

Find a Humber Lab Support Technician in the following locations:
North Campus: H205 (E-link 1), NX210
Humber North Campus Main Floor Map.