What You Need to Know: Final Exams
Final exam policy
- All students are required to write their final exams during the scheduled exam period, which is posted in the Academic Calendar.
- Students are responsible for making sure they know the date, time and location of their final exams.
- Students registered with SSD must make appropriate accommodations at least two weeks prior to the final exam period and notify their instructors using the Pink Sheets.
Missed final examinations / final assignments
- Students should speak to their Academic Advisor before making the decision to miss a final exam.
- Any student who is absent during their final exam, or does not submit a final assignment on the due date, must submit a Request for Academic Consideration to their Academic Advisor. This request should be accompanied with written documentation to support a medical, psychological or compassionate explanation for their absence.
- If a request is approved, the exam(s) will be rescheduled during the deferred exam period, in the following semester. Please see the Schedule of Dates for more specific timelines.
- It is the student’s responsibility to complete and submit an exam conflict form before the due date, if they have an exam conflict.
- Exams will be rescheduled at an alternative date within the exam period.
- Students will be notified via email of their new exam schedule.
Any one of the following constitutes an exam conflict:
- Two exams at the same time.
- LESS than one hour (59 minutes or less) between exams.
- Observing a religious holiday on an exam day.