Skip to main content

International High School Applicant - Applying

To be considered an International Applicant:

  • You currently live outside of Canada, and
  • You are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
  • You are not currently attending an Ontario high school day program (in Ontario or abroad)

Join our diverse community at the University of Guelph-Humber! Study in one of the most multicultural cities in the world.


  • There are three application pathways to international applicants for 2022 entry.

1. Ontario Universities' Application Centre

We recommend using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre ( website if you are planning to apply to more than one university in Ontario. You will use the 105 application.

When you apply through the OUAC website, the $156 (CAD) application fee allows you to apply to three programs/universities. You pay $50 (CAD) for each additional program/university.

Getting started
You will create a user profile on the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre website to start the application process.

Choose your program
University of Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph section of the OUAC application. You can use the OUAC program code to help you find a program on the OUAC website, also.

Program codes (for full-time study):

  • Business - GDB
  • Community Social Services - GHF
  • Early Childhood Studies - GHE
  • Justice Studies - GMP
  • Kinesiology - GHK
  • Media and Communication Studies - GMT
  • Psychology - GMA

If you apply to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber and you have never attended postsecondary studies, you will be considered for all programs to which you apply.


2. University of Guelph International Online Application

We encourage you to use this application page if you are applying to only one Ontario university (that would be us!), because you pay a reduced application fee of only $90 (CAD).

The application is hosted on our partner's—The University of Guelph's—website. This special application page uses the Ontario Universities' Application Centre to process single international applications for the University of Guelph-Humber.


3. The Common Application

If you are applying from the U.S.A or applying to the University of Guelph-Humber in addition to American colleges, you may apply through The Common Application website (The Common App). 

Getting started
You will create a user profile on The Common App website to start the application process.

Add the University to your My Colleges list
After completing the application questions, select the College Search tab and search for the University of Guelph. Please note that there is no specific mention of the University of Guelph-Humber on this website. All Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph.

Choose your program
All University of Guelph-Humber programs are at the bottom of the list, following University of Guelph programs. If prompted to select a major, select the default option.


  • Submit your required documents

After we receive your application, Admission Services will email you a login and password for WebAdvisor, our online student administration system. This online account allows you to check what documents are required to submit for admission consideration and if documents have been received by Admission Services. Please check this account regularly. Documents to submit may include:

Secondary School Applicants

Official transcripts (required)
For us to consider your application for admission, please have your School Counsellor or Administrator send your official secondary school transcript and any other required documents to by May 15, 2022. Your transcript must include all completed and in-progress courses and results at the senior level.

You will need to arrange to have your final official transcript sent by email from your school or through a credential verification organization, where applicable (e.g., Parchment, World Education Services), to Admission Services.

English language requirements (may be required)
If your first language is not English, or if you have completed less than four years of study in English at the secondary (or postsecondary) level, then you are required to submit proof of English proficiency. Test results must be less than two years prior to your application. Please refer to our chart of accepted tests/scores.

Student profile (optional supplementary information)
The Student Profile (SP) is your opportunity to tell us about factors that may have impacted your grades. Profiles must be completed online at and are due May 1, 2022.

Note: Documents submitted in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be returned. Documents are protected under Ontario provincial privacy legislation.