Skip to main content

Student Financial Services: FAQs

Student Financial Services (SFS) Availability

Q: I have questions about student accounts, OSAP, government aid and/or scholarships, bursaries, and other awards. How do I contact you?

SFS staff is available by email and are responding as quickly as possible to emails. Questions can be directed to

Student Financial Services Advisors are also available via on-line audio calls through Microsoft Teams. To book an appointment, please use our appointment booking system.

Student Accounts – Tuition, Refunds and Payments

Q: What fees can I opt out of for Summer 2024?

The two fees you can opt-out of are the IGNITE Social Opportunities and Events fee and the IGNITE Medical and Dental Insurance.

All full-time University of Guelph-Humber students are charged the Social Opportunities and events fee. The opt-out period for the Summer 2024 semester ends on May 26, 2024. Students who have opted out will have their bills adjusted after this date. To complete the opt-out form, visit the Student Financial Services Forms and Documents page at

All full-time University of Guelph-Humber students are enrolled in a flexible health and dental insurance plan. Students may choose to opt out of the student insurance fee providing they provide proof of pre-existing coverage. Visit IGNITE at for more information on how to opt out of the Health and Dental Insurance Plan

Q: What is the (semester) payment deadline?

Payment deadlines are posted on our website as well as on your Account View in WebAdvisor

Q: How can I make a payment on my student account?

Check the list of accepted payment methods.

Q: When I make a payment through internet or telephone banking, what information is needed to make the payment?

When making a payment through internet or telephone banking to your student account, the following information is required:

Payee: University of Guelph-Humber (Univ of Guelph-Humber)

Account: Your 7 digit student ID number (if your student ID number is 6 digits, add a zero to the beginning of the number)

Amount: Payment amount

Q: How do I know if my payment has been received?

To determine if your payment has been received, log onto WebAdvisor, go to Account View, click on the appropriate semester on the left, and look under Payments.

Q: Why am I still on financial sanction even though I have paid?

If you are still on financial sanction even though you have paid, please view your student account on WebAdvisor, under Account View. Be sure that your Amount Due and your Amount Overdue are zero. If they are not, you need to pay both those balances. If they are paid, you need to contact Student Financial Services at Please note that, if you are paying through internet banking, it takes 3 to 5 business days for your payment to be processed. Once we have received the payment, it will take an additional 24 hours for the financial sanction to be cleared.

Q: Who needs to pay the registration deposit?

All University of Guelph-Humber students must pay the $200 deposit by the registration deadline, regardless of funding sources, e.g. OSAP or scholarships. (Sponsored students are exempt.)

If your account has a previous balance, the $200 will automatically be applied to the outstanding balance and will not be considered as a registration deposit. To determine whether you have an outstanding account balance, please check on WebAdvisor, under Account View. You must pay this balance plus the registration deposit by the registration deadline.

New international students who paid the $1,000 international deposit are not required to pay the $200 registration deposit.

Q: What if I am unable to pay my student account in full by the payment deadline?

If you are unable to pay your student account in full by the payment deadline, you need to complete the Financial Arrangement Request Form on the Forms and Documents page before the payment deadline. In preparation for completing this form, you will need to access your Account View on WebAdvisor. You must have no outstanding previous semester balance and you will be required to pay a minimum of 33% of the current semester amount. You will need to provide the reason that you are unable to pay your account in full by the payment deadline. You will be required to complete the form using the provided payment dates.

Your completed Financial Arrangement Request Form will be assessed, and either approved or denied. There will be a deferral fee charged for this service.

Q: How do I know if my Financial Arrangement Request Form has been approved?

To determine whether your Financial Arrangement Request form has been approved, once your minimum payment is submitted, please check on WebAdvisor, under Account View. If your Financial Arrangement Request form has been approved, you will receive a notification in Account View – it will be located in the top, right-hand corner beside the Help button.

Q: Why do I have an outstanding balance? What is the charge?

If you have an outstanding balance, you will see the amount reflected on your Account View under Amount Overdue in WebAdvisor. If you are unclear about the reason for the amount owing, please contact Student Financial Services at

Q: I have a credit on my student account. How do I receive my refund?

Please refer to the Refunds webpage for step-by-step instructions for receiving refunds, overpayments and awards from Student Financial Services. Domestic refunds are issued through Interac e-Transfer.

Q: How do I obtain a tuition receipt?

We do not provide receipts for tuition paid. However, you can print a statement of your account from WebAdvisor, by selecting Account View. If you require your statement to bear the official University of Guelph-Humber stamp, bring it to Student Financial Services in GH112 to be stamped. You will need to print a statement for each term that you require.

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my T2202 -Tuition and Enrolment Certificate?

Please check on WebAdvisor, under T2202, in late February.

OSAP / Government Aid

Q: When do I apply for OSAP?

The OSAP funding year starts each year with the fall semester in September. Students must start a new OSAP application for each funding year. The online OSAP application for the new funding year is usually ready by early May on the OSAP website. To ensure your funding is ready before you start your studies, we encourage you to apply for OSAP at least 6-8 weeks before the start of your study term. For a complete list of OSAP deadline dates, please visit the OSAP website.

Q: Where do I submit my signature pages and other supporting documentation?

Signature pages (and most supporting documents) only need to be submitted with your first OSAP application. They will remain valid for your entire academic career, unless there is a break of two years or more in your studies. You can upload your signature pages on the OSAP website. If you cannot upload your documents, you may mail them to Student Financial Services, University of Guelph-Humber, 207 Humber College Blvd, GH112, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5L7.

Q: What is Supporting Documentation?

Sometimes additional information is required to verify the information on your application. For example: copies of marriage certificates, divorce papers, permanent resident cards, academic probation letters, etc. If you have any questions on what is required, please contact Student Financial Services at 416-798-1331 ext 6256 or email

Q: What is the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)?

The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement is a multi-year loan agreement. Your loan provider is the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC). The NSLSC processes all OSAP funding on behalf of the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Like signature pages, the MSFAA only needs to be completed the first year you receive OSAP. The MSFAA can be completed online. Refer to these instructions for completing the MSFAA.

Q: How do I apply for Summer OSAP?

If you have an OSAP application for fall and/or winter, you will use an OSAP extension form to add the summer session. Forms are available from the Student Financial Services (SFS) office, and on the SFS website in mid-March. Visit the OSAP section on our forms page.

Q: What course load do I need to take to be considered for OSAP?

You must be enrolled in at least 60% course load (1.5 academic credits each semester) to apply for full-time OSAP. Read more about OSAP eligibility.

Q: I have a permanent disability, what course load do I need for OSAP?

Students with disabilities are eligible for full-time OSAP if they are enrolled in a course load of at least 40% (1.0 academic credit each semester). Students taking a 40% course load are also eligible to apply for part-time OSAP. Therefore, you will have a choice of full or part-time OSAP funding if you are taking a 40% load. You can apply online for full or part-time OSAP.

Q: What if I am taking less than 60% course load?

If you are a part-time student taking less than 60% course load you can apply for the Part-time Canada Student Loan.

Q: What do I do if my OSAP is zero or I did not receive funding that I was expecting?

You may visit the Student Financial Services office in GH112 and ask one of the staff members to review your OSAP account with you. You may also call our office at 416-798-1331 extension 6256 or email to set up an appointment with a Student Financial Services Advisor.

Q: How much OSAP do I have?

You can refer to your online OSAP account on the OSAP website to see how much OSAP you will receive.

Q: How is OSAP issued?

OSAP is issued in two installments with approximately 60% in the fall semester and the remaining 40% in the winter semester. Once the school confirms your enrolment, funds will be released by NSLSC. Your OSAP account online will show the estimated release date of your funding. You will also see how much of your funding is being directed to the school and how much will be sent to your bank account. You will only receive funds in your bank account if your OSAP disbursement is greater than the amount you owe the university. If you have applied for OSAP for one term only, your full funding is released in one installment.

Q: How do I reset my password for OSAP?

Visit the OSAP log in page and click on the link for Forgot OAN or Password. The website will guide you in resetting your password.

Q: What is a Confirmation of Enrolment?

The University of Guelph starts confirming student enrolments electronically the week before the start of each semester. If the status on your OSAP account shows 'Confirmation of Enrolment', that means that OSAP is waiting for the University to confirm your enrolment for the next installment of your OSAP funding. You must be registered in your courses before the University can confirm your enrolment.

Q: What is a Confirmation of Interest-Free Status (CIFS) Form?

Full-Time Students:

If you are not receiving OSAP, but are a full-time student for the current study period and have previous OSAP loans, you must submit a request to maintain interest-free status. You must request interest-free status for each semester you are in school full time but not receiving OSAP, including co-op terms.

Part-Time Students:

While you are in school, you are not required to make part-time loan payments but interest will accumulate on your loan. If the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) is not advised that you are continuing your studies, you will be asked to start repayment of your loans. To ensure that you remain payment free while you continue your studies, please submit a Schedule 2 form. The form is available online, or may be picked up at the Student Financial Services office. Note: If you are taking full-time OSAP, but have previous part-time loans, it is important to submit your Schedule 2 to keep your part-time loans payment free.

Q: Where do I submit the Confirmation of Interest-Free Status (CIFS) or Schedule 2 Form?

For OSAP loans, students may log into their account on the OSAP website and submit the form electronically. Alternatively, you can bring the completed form to Student Financial Services, GH112. Out-of-province students should consult their home province's government aid website for specific information, and may visit Student Financial Services for a Schedule 2, interest-free form (please bring your government-issued photo identification).

It is best to bring the form at the start of your study period. Please note that forms cannot be processed if they are submitted later than 21 days before the end of your study period.

Q: What do I do if I reported my income incorrectly on my OSAP application?

You can contact Student Financial Services to request an Income Change form. You may also be asked to confirm your income on the OSAP website during your study period. You must report all external income, including part-time and Work Study jobs. It is important that you report your income promptly. Delay in reporting income may result in reduced eligibility for further aid. Please note that you may not make further changes to your income after the study period has ended.

Q: Do I need to report my scholarships and/or bursaries from the University of Guelph-Humber on my OSAP application?

No, Student Financial Services will report University of Guelph-Humber scholarships and/or bursaries that have been placed on your student account on your behalf. However, you must report any scholarship and/or bursary funding that you receive from an external source (other than the University of Guelph-Humber).

Q: What if I change my income after I complete my online Income Update?

If you have completed the online Income Update and you have further changes, you may visit Student Financial Services, GH112, or email and ask for an OSAP income change form.

Q: What happens if I drop courses?

If you drop a course(s) your OSAP funding could be reduced, or you might lose eligibility for further funding. You might also be placed on OSAP probation or restriction. Contact Student Financial Services before you make any course load changes. Phone: 416-798-1331 extension 6256, or email

Q: What happens to my tuition refund if I am on OSAP?

Pursuant to Ministry regulations, any tuition or fee refund will be returned to the National Student Loans Service Centre.

Q: What is OSAP academic progress?

Students must maintain a minimum academic standard to remain eligible for OSAP. Students with full-time OSAP funding must successfully complete at least 60%** of a full course load (1.5** academic credits per semester), while students with a permanent disability must successfully complete 40%** of a full course load (1.0** academic credit per semester) to avoid OSAP academic penalties. Dropping or withdrawing from a course does not count as successful completion of the course.

Q: How do I apply for OSAP if I withdrew from my first semester and want to return in the second semester?

If you withdrew, or dropped to part-time status during your first semester, you must complete a form and submit it to Student Financial Services to reinstate your OSAP application. Please email to obtain the appropriate form. You may have incurred an OSAP academic penalty because of your withdrawal, and may be asked to write a letter of explanation and provide supporting documentation. If you have any questions about your status, please contact Student Financial Services.

Q: I have graduated from my degree and am coming back to add a minor. Am I eligible to receive OSAP for the additional minor or additional courses?

In order for your courses to be OSAP eligible they must be in pursuit of a post-secondary degree or diploma. Students registered in a non-degree program are not eligible to apply for OSAP funding. Taking courses in order to upgrade your marks or adding a minor to an already completed degree program are not eligible. Under limited circumstances, some qualifying studies may be eligible for funding. Please contact for more information.