Important dates and deadlines to ensure that your student loan arrives for the start of your school year.
Documents to be submitted
After you complete your application, you need to:
- Print and sign signature pages. You will then need to return them to Student Financial Services in GH112 or send them via mail to the address listed on the page.
- Print, complete and sign the Master Student Financial Aid Agreements for Canada and Ontario (MSFAA). You will need to include your banking information on this form. You can use either your account or a joint account where you are a signatory.
- Submit the first page of the MSFAA via Canada Post. For a list of designated Canada Post outlets, see the OSAP website's list of Canada Post Outlets or select the link beside the MFSAA print option in the application.
- Keep the remaining seven pages for your records.
Note: The MSFAA will allow your OSAP to be delivered electronically to your bank account.
You will need to provide Canada Post the following pieces of ID when processing your MSFAA:
1. Social Insurance Number
Examples of acceptable proof of SIN are:
- Social Insurance Card (a photocopy is acceptable)
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment
- Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
- Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada
2. Photo ID
You will need 1 piece of valid photo ID issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or territorial government (a legible photocopy is acceptable). Examples of acceptable photo ID are:
- A valid driver's licence
- Provincial health card with photo
- Permanent residency or citizenship card
There will be no exceptions to these identification requirements, as per Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities policy.
Electronic confirmation of enrollment
Student Financial Services will electronically confirm that you are enrolled as a full-time student.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have fully registered in your courses for the Fall semester.
Paying your tuition with OSAP
The OSAP application gives you the option to allow the Ministry to use a portion of your OSAP funding to pay, on your behalf, your tuition and compulsory fees.
Whether or not you choose this option, it remains your responsibility to monitor your student account to ensure the University of Guelph-Humber receives payment for all fees owing on your account by the payment deadline date. If your OSAP does not cover the full cost of your tuition, you must pay the balance before September 13th.
Get information about fee payment, acceptable payment methods and deadlines.
Update your income
You must update your income online before the release of your second instalment of OSAP. The Ministry will provide you with instructions on how and when to confirm your income.
If you do not confirm your income, the second instalment of your OSAP will not be released.
Note: Any change to income. including part-time jobs, may affect your OSAP entitlement. The University of Guelph-Humber will inform OSAP of any University of Guelph-Humber or University of Guelph scholarships or bursaries on your behalf.
Letter of Permission (LOP) courses
A Letter of Permission is required if a University of Guelph‐Humber student wishes to enrol in a course at another institution and have the course considered as a credit toward their University of Guelph‐Humber degree/diploma.
Once the course has been approved by your academic advisor and you have been registered, you must provide Student Financial Services the following two pieces of information:
1. A confirmation of your enrollment from the Registrar's Office indicating the name and dates of the LOP course.
2. An official receipt indicating that full payment has been made for the LOP course.
Student Financial Services will be able to confirm your enrollment once we have this information and your OSAP release will proceed accordingly.
Changes to your application
To make changes to your original OSAP application before September, mail your request with the proper supporting documents to:
Student Financial Services
University of Guelph-Humber
207 Humber College Blvd
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7
T: 416-798-1331 ext.6256
Changes to your OSAP account can be viewed through your OSAP account online. It takes approximately 48 hours for your OSAP webpage to be updated after we process your request.
Please remember to keep copies of all your loan documents.