Skip to main content

Out-of-Province Funding

Out-of-province student loans

You must apply for government student aid through your home province if you meet both of these criteria:

  • You are a Canadian student studying in Ontario
  • You are not considered an Ontario resident under the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) definition

Student loan websites for other provinces

To learn more about applying for out-of-province student loans, visit your home province’s student loan program website below.

Continuing your interest-free status as a student

The following provinces now provide students with the option to complete their interest-free status request online:

  • Alberta
  • British Colombia
  • Saskatchewan
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland & Labrador
  • Nova Scotia

For all other provinces, you must complete a paper Continuation of Interest Free Status (Schedule 2) form and submit it to the Student Financial Services office.

You will need to create an account with the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) and submit a confirmation of enrolment through the NSLSC's website.

To create an account, you will need your loan number. If you do not know your loan number, call the NSLSC at 1-888-815-4514 to request it.