Renewable Entrance Scholarship
We will automatically consider all Canadian high school applicants entering the University of Guelph-Humber for the Renewable Entrance Scholarship.
New Renewable Entrance Scholarship award levels
|Admission Average||Scholarship Amount|
|85.0 - 89.9%||$4,000|
|80.0 - 84.9%||$3,000|
|75.0 - 79.9%||$2,000|
We will mail scholarship recipients a formal scholarship offer with their offer of admission.
Renewal – We'll continue to reward your academic achievement
Your scholarship is renewable for three calendar years following admission. See the renewal award levels below.
Renewal award levels
|Average||Scholarship Renewal Amount|
|85.0 - 89.9%||$2,000|
|80.0 - 84.9%||$1,000|
- Successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Successful completion of six 4U/M courses or equivalents, including program specific subject requirements.
- Have a minimum final admissions average of 75%.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering the first year of post-secondary studies (for the first time)
- Applicants must have applied to the University of Guelph-Humber through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre by or before the deadline.
- You must be enrolled in a 100% course load in the fall and winter semesters.
- Scholarships are not increased as a result of repeated courses or academic upgrading after July 1.
- Students who have one attempt at post-secondary studies and who have withdrawn from the institution without any grade data will also be considered for this scholarship based on their top 6 4U/M courses including the subject requirements. Students in this situation are required to present a transcriptable record from the post-secondary institution they were previously registered at. The application to the University of Guelph-Humber must be within one year of their first attempt at post-secondary studies.
- If you have been awarded a Renewable Entrance Scholarship, we will automatically consider you for each renewal year.
- We will base your renewal amount on your cumulative average of the fall and winter semesters (as indicated in the chart above) before the year of renewal ).
- You must maintain a 100% course load in both the Fall and Winter semesters.
- If you do not receive renewal one year, you are still eligible in subsequent years if your cumulative average of the fall and winter semesters rises within the award levels.
- This scholarship is eligible for renewal for three calendar years from the term of admission only.
- You are not eligible to receive the Renewable Entrance Scholarship if you are receiving a University of Guelph-Humber Merit Scholarship.
Receiving your scholarship
We will automatically credit your scholarship to your University account. The scholarship amount will be divided into two equal payments: one at the beginning of the fall semester and the other at the beginning of the winter semester. No scholarship renewals will be issued for the summer semester.