Specialist High Skills Major Entrance Award
$500 for each recipient
We are proud to recognize students who have completed a Specialist High Skills Major in one of the categories below:
- Arts & Culture
- Health & Wellness
- Information & Communications Technology
- Justice, Community Safety & Emergency Services
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Have successfully completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Have successfully completed six Grade 12 U and/or M courses, including program-specific subject requirements
- Be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident entering your first year of post-secondary studies for the first time
- Have a minimum final admission average of 80%
- Indicate on your OUAC application that you will complete or have completed a SHSM
We automatically consider new students who meet the criteria above for this award, so there is no need to apply.
Receiving your scholarship
We will automatically credit your scholarship to your University account. The scholarship amount will be divided into two equal payments: one at the beginning of the fall semester and the other at the beginning of the winter semester. You must be registered as a full-time student in both semesters in order to receive and retain the scholarship.