Skip to main content

Kinesiology Transfer Admission

Transfer applications are now closed for 2024 entry to our Kinesiology program.

Check back in September for 2025 admission information.

student thinking

Kinesiology Transfer Applicants:
4 Step Admission Process


Before Applying




After Applying


After Accepting

Get to know the University of Guelph-Humber


Use our Transfer Applicant Guide or webpages to get all the details you need. It’s about finding the right fit for you.

Cover page of Transfer Guide

Visit & Connect

Participate in an event or webinar, take a tour and/or book a one-on-one appointment with a University representative.

Guelph-Humber building

Follow us on Social Media

You can find us on Instagram   and TikTok   for fun tips, admission info, contests and more!

Social media image collage

Admission Requirements

If you have any postsecondary education then you are considered a transfer applicant (from one course to completed diplomas and degrees).

The admission requirements to transfer into the Kinesiology program are very specific.  For the diplomas listed below, you must be in your final year of diploma completion or have a completed diploma, to be eligible to transfer into the Kinesiology program. Diplomas must be granted by a recognized institution in Ontario.

Eligible Diplomas/Pathways

Block Credit


  • Fitness and Health Promotion
  • Health, Wellness and Fitness
  • 5.0 credits granted for a 2-year diploma


Admission terminology

Block Credit
The Kinesiology diplomas listed above have already been evaluated and have been predetermined to offer applicants a specific "block" of transfer credit (in this case 5 transfer credits). Approximately one year of full-time study or 10 courses is equivalent to 5.0 credits. The diplomas have been determined to have academic alignment with the Kinesiolgoy program and have met specific high school subject admission requirements.

A "block credit transfer applicant" is a student that applies with one of the eligible diplomas. Each person is still individually evaluated for transfer credit assessment to ensure all your postsecondary education is considered, respectively.

Your transfer credit will be determined once you apply and you will receive your Transfer Credit Assessment at the point of admission. Your Transfer Credit Assessment is an official document that outlines the credit you will receive from courses completed at other postsecondary institutions towards your credentials earned at the University of Guelph-Humber.

Please note: Credit will not be awarded for coursework taken at a private career college or for undergraduate certificates.

Estimated cut-off range

Kinesiology transfer applicants require a minimum cumulative average of 75% for admission consideration. If your average falls between 70–74%, Admission Services may request a support letter. Exact cut-offs for the current cycle will be determined by the quantity and quality of applications received and the number of places available in the respective program. Possession of a cumulative final average at or above within the estimated cut-off does not guarantee an offer of admission.

English language requirements

If your first language is not English, or if you have completed less than four years of study in English at the secondary (or postsecondary) level, then you are required to submit proof of English proficiency. For full details, visit our English language requirements page.

You will receive an email with detailed instructions (after you apply) if you are required to demonstrate English proficiency as part of your application.

Please note: The University reserves the right to deny admission to you if you do not demonstrate satisfactory proficiency in English, regardless of academic qualifications.

Apply online

All applications are done through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC)  . You will create a user profile to start the application process.

This application deadline differs from our other programs because Kinesiology transfer students start in May not September. This is the only entry/application point for this program.

Select your program(s)

Find the Kinesiology program on the OUAC website. You can use the program code GHK to search for the Kinesiology program. University of Guelph-Humber programs are listed under the University of Guelph.

Extended deadline to apply: Feb 16, 2024

Applications open on the OUAC in September and can close at any time prior to the application deadline due to capacity limitations.

There are two choices for your OUAC application:

  1. If you are applying to multiple universities then go to   to start the application process. The OUAC application fee is $156 for up to three program/university choices.
  2. If you are only applying to the University of Guelph-Humber and/or the University of Guelph, transfer applicants can apply for up to two programs (between the two institutions) for a reduced OUAC application fee of $90. Go to  *.

*Please note: Applicants using this method to apply must continue to use this link throughout the application and admission process.

Once you complete the OUAC application, you must submit transcripts and other required documents to support your application. Please review the transcripts and other documents sections in the "After Applying" tab.


If you apply to more than one program at the University of Guelph-Humber, you can expect to receive only one offer of admission from the University. The highest-ranked choice will be considered first. Only in the event that you are not admissible to your highest choice will your next choice be considered. If you want to reorder your UofGH program rankings, please amend your application through your OUAC account.

Image of ouac website

Application fees

You will pay an OUAC application fee of $156 for your first three program choices. Each additional program choice is $50. If you remove a program choice and add a new one at the same university, there is no additional fee. Additional costs include transcript processing fees and an assessment fee.

Submit transcripts and documents by Feb 23

All applicants: Please refer to the "After Applying" tab to get full details about submitting all documents.

Ontario applicants, please note: You can request Ontario college/university/high school transcripts online through the OUAC during the application process, however we strongly recommend that you wait until after your application is submitted and you receive an email from Admission Services regarding required documents to ensure you request the correct documents. A service fee does apply for transcript requests. You can request transcripts after you have completed the online application. For additional details, please refer to the OUAC transcript information  .

Check your email! And start using WebAdvisor

Shortly after you apply, you will receive an email from the University acknowledging your application.

You will receive another email with a user ID and password to WebAdvisor and Gryph Mail. 

  • It is important to use WebAdvisor  , our online student administration system, because it lists the documents the University needs submitted to consider you for admission. WebAdvisor will show you what documents are required and will indicate when those documents have been received.
  • Set up your Gryph Mail to receive official emails from the University regarding your application and documents. Instructions for how to set up your email can be found on our New Student Guide web pages.
  • Your application will be reviewed upon receipt of all official transcripts and supporting documents.

Submit transcripts by Feb 23

Official transcripts

A transcript is an official record of your academic performance at an educational institution. A transcript is considered official if it is produced by and bears the seal of the issuing institution. You must declare all educational institutions attended.

Check your WebAdvisor account to see what transcripts are required. You may be required to submit more than one transcript based on when you apply and your past postsecondary experience.

We encourage you to have interim transcripts sent as early as possible to assist with your admission consideration.

How to submit transcripts

The OUAC provides an electronic transcript service for applicants who have attended college or university in Ontario (some BC universities and colleges) and attended high school in Ontario, British Columbia or Quebec (CEGEPs). We strongly recommend you use the OUAC service. Check the OUAC transcript info page   for details. Fees   may apply.

The OUAC transcript service gives you options to select the transcript(s) you want sent. What you select depends on where you are in your college or university education. Everyone should check their WebAdvisor account to confirm when and what transcripts are required.

If you are unable to request transcripts from the OUAC, you must request the institution send the transcripts directly to Admission Services. If you are submitting transcripts or other official documents in a language other than English you must also submit notarized legal literal translations of these documents in English. 

Check on your documents

You can check to see if your documents have been received by using our student administration system, WebAdvisor  . Learn more about WebAdvisor in the video above.

Please note: Documents submitted in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be returned.

Submit other required documents

You are encouraged to apply and submit all required documents as soon as possible. The deadline for all official required documents is Feb 23.

Check your WebAdvisor account to see what documents are required. A sample list and description of documents can be found below.

Once all documents are received, your application will be reviewed for admission. Applications and documents received after the deadline will be considered if space is available.

Education Declaration (may be required)

You will be notified on your WebAdvisor account if we require this form. You can access the Education Declaration through your WebAdvisor account  . It is a form provided by the University to document your academic history.

Proof of English proficiency (may be required)

If the University notified you that you must provide proof of English proficiency then please ensure you request your documents be sent to Admission Services. Test results must be less than two years old prior to your application.

IELTS and Duolingo results can be emailed to Admission Services for verification. All other test results can be sent to the University via the testing institution.

Please note: The University reserves the right to deny admission to you if you do not demonstrate satisfactory proficiency in English, regardless of academic qualifications.

Support letter (may be required)

You will receive an email from Admission Services requesting you to submit a support letter. The email will describe what is required in the letter.

Please note: Documents submitted in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be returned.

Get an admission decision

Applicants to the Kinesiology program can expect to receive an admission decision approximately three to six weeks following the submission of all required official documents.

If you are waiting for an admission decision, you can check WebAdvisor to see if your required documents have been received.

If you receive an offer of admission, the offer will be posted to your WebAdvisor and OUAC accounts and you will receive an email notification.

Accept your offer

To accept your offer, do so through your OUAC account by the deadline indicated in your offer.

Please note: If you applied using, you must continue to use this link throughout the application and admission process.

About your offer

Every offer of admission is conditional. Please review your offer of admission and transfer credit along with the conditions of your offer. When you accept your offer, it is with the assumption that all conditions of that offer will be met by a deadline outlined in your offer.

You can accept your offer on your OUAC account up to the deadline indicated in your offer email. You will receive information on scholarships awarded (if applicable) and your transfer credit assessment will be sent separately by email, also.

Transfer Credit Assessment

Your Transfer Credit Assessment is an official document that outlines the credit you will receive from courses completed at other postsecondary institutions towards your credentials earned at the University of Guelph-Humber. Please review your assessment thoroughly.

When you accept your offer of admission, you also accept and agree to the transfer credit outlined in your official Transfer Credit Assessment. To help interpret your assessment, refer to the Kinesiology program plan. An online copy of the program plan can be found on our Advising pages.


If you have been admitted to the Kinesiology program at the University but are unable to begin your studies in the fall, you may request to defer your offer under extenuating circumstances. You must first accept your offer of admission. For further instructions, please read the "After Accepting" section.

Other important documents

For your placement, you will be required to complete a First Aid/CPR certificate and may be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check and documentation of immunization before your placement begins. Visit our Placement Services page for additional details.

Apply for residence

If you have received an offer of admission, you are eligible to apply for residence. Residence operates on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible (after you receive an offer).

Applications for spring residence open in March. You must apply for spring residence separate from fall residence.

Applications for fall residence open online in February and are due June 3. You require a separate residence application for fall.

How to apply

The application process is a two-step process that can take a few days to complete because you need to wait for step 1 to be processed before you can complete step 2. Please do not leave applying for residence to the last minute. Students are encouraged to apply for residence as soon as possible, as our system tracks the order in which students submit their application, and spaces will be offered to eligible students in that order.

Apply on Humber's residence site  . Please only refer to Guelph-Humber-specific information.

Make a financial plan for your education

Get all the info you can to help manage the financial side of university.

Continue to learn about the University of Guelph-Humber

The best way to learn more is to participate in one of our events or webinars.

You can also take a look through our website to learn about Academic Advisors, Career and Placement Services and campus life.

Any questions? Call us at 416.798.1331 ext. 6056 or email

Events Calendar

Learn More

Fulfill the conditions of your offer

Your offer of admission and transfer credit are conditional upon completion of your postsecondary coursework, subject requirements and final cumulative average noted in your offer. You can check your WebAdvisor   account to see what documents are outstanding to fulfill the conditions of your offer. You will have received an email from the University with your WebAdvisor user ID and password soon after you applied.

Read your Offer of Admission to be sure you understand what else may be required of you.

Check your email!

Our Admission Services staff may contact you via email to clarify or request information. Please check your email regularly. If you have not set up your Gryph Mail to receive official emails from the University, please do so now. Instructions for how to set up your email can be found on our New Student Guide web pages.

Our Student Services staff will reach out over the coming months to ensure you get in touch with your Academic Advisor, know how to register for courses as a transfer student and learn how to get involved at the University.

View our New Student Guide web pages

Use the New Student Guide to learn how to:

  • pay tuition
  • set up your student ID and more!
Go to Guide

To request a deferral

If you want to defer your offer of admission

You may request a deferral if you have accepted your offer of admission into a University of Guelph-Humber program but are unable to begin your studies for spring entry. Deferral requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis for students with extenuating circumstances. A fee applies.

As an alternative, you may consider studying part-time by taking a reduced course load and enrolling in less than 2.00 credits (four courses). Before doing so, we recommend you contact:

To be considered for a deferral you must:

  • Accept your offer of admission by the deadline noted on your offer.
  • Meet all conditions outlined in your offer of admission by the deadline noted on your offer.
  • Request a deferral application by emailing
  • Submit the deferral application, support letter and $90 fee by the deferral application deadline.
  • Not attend any other postsecondary institution during the deferral period.

Deferral application process

  1. You must submit your deferral application, support letter and $90 fee.
  2. Applications are considered on a rolling basis for students who satisfy the conditions of their offer. Once we have considered your application, we will communicate the decision to you by email.
  3. If you submit a deferral application and later choose to withdraw that application to begin classes in the spring, please email Admission Services.
  4. If you are granted a deferral, you will receive a new Offer of Admission by the following February.

Attend the Kinesiology Transfer Student Registration Workshop

Attend this workshop to learn how to register for courses. Your offer will contain information about this event and you will be sent an email with the event information.