- Future Students
- Current Students
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Placement Services
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Financial Services
- Study Abroad
- Get Support
- Teaching resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Instructor FAQS
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Safety & Security
Living & Commuting
*Please note that the following info will be updated in early September for prospective students interested in Spring/Summer or Fall 2022 residence.
Why you want to live in residence:
- As a first-time resident your room will be single style
- Your room is a two-minute walk from the University
- Choose from themed floors, such as co-ed, health and wellness or extended study
- Choose your dining plan: regular, medium or large
- Dining plans are accepted at the residence dining hall and food service outlets across campus
- Two community kitchens can be used for cooking at home
- Spend your spare time in the recreational space, exercise room or at residence Gym Nights in the campus Athletic Centre
- Make friends with students from both the University of Guelph-Humber and Humber
- Laundry in the building
- Wi-fi in all rooms
- Many social events
There are three residence buildings on campus. And one of them has frozen yogurt in the dining hall.
For fall 2021, many of the services/amenities listed above may not be available due to health and safety precautions related to COVID-19. For updates, please check Humber's Residence Updates page.Watch residence video tours
Dining plans are mandatory if you live in Residence. Choose from three sizes:
- Regular: $2,350
- Medium: $2,850
- Large: $3,400
You can always top these up online.
Residents are issued a declining balance debit card, which will be honoured at all Humber Food Service outlets. If you don’t have your card when purchasing food, you’ll need another form of payment. Your Dining Plan Card is also your Residence ID card.
Residence dining includes:
- Salad bar
- Fruit bar
- Burgers and fries
- Wraps and sandwiches
- Hot meals that change daily
- Live cooking station where food is cooked in front of you. Each night is different, i.e., pasta bowls, fancy salad bowls and burritos.
There is also a mini convenience store with snacks and last-minute items like toothbrushes and detergent.
Applying to residence
3 important things to remember:
- You cannot apply to residence until you have an offer of admission.
- Once you have your offer of admission, apply as soon as possible. Space is allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applying is a two-step process that can take longer than a week to complete. Don’t leave it until the last minute. More details will be sent with your offer of admission.
Priority for residence spaces for the 2021-22 Academic Year will be given to students who have courses delivered on site, or students who have been deemed to have exceptional circumstances. Students are encouraged to apply for residence as soon as possible, as our system tracks the order in which students submit their application, and spaces will be offered to eligible students in that order.
Follow the link from the button below to get full information on residence application procedures. It is important that you check this information.
More updates about residence and course delivery will be posted.
Dates & deadlines:
Fall 2021: Residence applications accepted February 1, 2021 to June 1, 2021.
Spring/summer 2021: Residence applications accepted starting March 1, 2021.
*You must apply for spring/summer and fall 2021 residence in two separate applications.Get even more details about residence
How to Get Here
Our campus location makes commuting a great option.
The University of Guelph-Humber is on Humber’s North Campus in northwest Toronto. We are located just off Highway 427, south of Finch.
By public transit
Arrive steps from our front door. Ten routes that cross the GTA stop in the transit terminal loop on campus. Find out how you can connect to these routes. Bus routes may change at any time, please check the official websites for up-to-date transit information.
- 511/511A Züm Steeles
- 11/11A Steeles
- 50 Gore Road
- 107 Malton Express
- 22 Finch
- 927 Highway 27 Express
- 96 Wilson
- 996 Wilson Express
- 336 Finch West
- 7 Martin Grove
GO Transit does not come to campus but may be part of your transportation route. Each transit system has its own transit pass. Purchasing a transit pass will cost in the range of $1,024 - $1,400 for the academic year.
Download a transit app to help you navigate your trip to campus. Apps, such as Google Maps, Rocketman and Transit will create routes using multiple transit systems while telling you when your next bus will arrive and travel times.
The campus is easy to reach from Highways 407 and 409 (east/west) and 427 and 27 (north/south).
Parking is pay per use or you can purchase a permit. Spaces are limited. Permit parking can cost approximately $420 to $580 for the academic year.