- Future Students
- Current Students
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Placement Services
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Financial Services
- Study Abroad
- Get Support
- Teaching resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Instructor FAQS
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Safety & Security
Your student ID card allows you to access student services on campus, attend campus events and is required for exams.
This information only applies to first-year students or current students who do not have a University of Guelph-Humber ID card or have never submitted a photo. The ID creation system is used by both the University of Guelph and the University of Guelph-Humber. Please be sure to follow instructions for the University of Guelph-Humber.
To create your University of Guelph-Humber student ID card, complete the online photo submission process, which will provide you with step-by-step instructions. You will need your central login information and a photo file to submit electronically. Please ensure your photo meets the requirements below before you submit it online or your photo may be rejected.
Tips for submitting an acceptable photo
- Set your camera to its lowest resolution. The photo must be less than 1600 x 1200 resolution. The maximum file size is 2 MB.
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait.
- Make sure you are centred in the photo.
- You must be the ONLY person in the photo.
- Save the photo in JPG format and name the file according to your seven-digit student ID number (e.g., 0123456.jpg).
- Blurry images, images with hats and cropped images from group shots are not acceptable.
Photos deemed unacceptable will require re-submission. Student cards with unacceptable photos will not be issued.
Fall 2020 photo submission deadline for student ID card: 31 July 2020
Submitting your photo before 31 July 2020 will ensure your ID is ready for mailing.
Criteria to obtain your Student ID Card
Prior to mailing out Student ID Cards, students will be required to upload additional information to verify their identity. Please keep looking at this section for more information about how to upload documents.
If you are a Canadian citizen you will need to provide both proof of your citizenship and identity through one of the following options:
- Option 1: Your valid Canadian passport
- Option 2: Both your birth certificate issued by a Canadian jurisdiction and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 3: Your Canadian Citizenship Card or Certificate of Canadian Citizenship and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you will need to provide both proof of your permanent resident status in Canada and identity through one of the following options:
- Option 1: Your valid Permanent Resident Card and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 2: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 3: Record of Landing (IMM1000) and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
If you are an individual recognized by the federal government as being registered under the Indian Act, we will accept both the existing Canadian Certificate of Indian Status as well as the new Secure Certificate of Indian Status card (SCIS). The existing laminated cards will still be valid until the expiry date has lapsed.
If you are an International student, you must have immigration permission to remain in Canada for the length of your studies:
- Your current (non-Canadian) passport, including a valid study permit is required.
International students must have a valid study permit that will allow them to study at a post-secondary institution. Students who were in Canada attending a high school must make sure that they obtain a new study permit for the post-secondary level of study. See CIC's information on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp.
Student ID Card Mailing
ID cards will be mailed during the month of August. If you have not received your ID card by Monday, 31 August, 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you already have a GH student card, please use the existing card as we do not produce another card unless lost, damaged or stolen. Please note, that if this is the case, the University of Guelph Humber uses the existing photo on file as we do not accept new photo ID submissions.
If you have lost or misplaced your card, just fill out an ID Replacement form online.
Please allow 10-15 business days for processing and mailing.