- Future Students
- Current Students
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Placement Services
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Financial Services
- Study Abroad
- Get Support
- Teaching resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Instructor FAQS
- Academic & Campus Technology Services
- Safety & Security
Online Student ID
Your student ID card allows you to access student services on campus, attend campus events and is required for exams.
This information only applies to first-year students or current students who do not have a University of Guelph-Humber ID card or have never submitted a photo. The ID creation system is used by both the University of Guelph and the University of Guelph-Humber. Please be sure to follow instructions for the University of Guelph-Humber.
New students for Fall 2021
To create your University of Guelph-Humber student ID card, you will need to complete the following 3 steps:
STEP 1: Submit your photo for your ID Card online
STEP 2: Upload the required documentation to confirm your identity and citizenship
STEP 3: Confirm your mailing address.
STEP 4: Confirm your emergency contact information.
STEP 1: Complete the online photo submission process, which will provide you with step-by-step instructions. You will need your central login information and a photo file to submit electronically. Please ensure your photo meets the requirements below before you submit it online or your photo may be rejected.
Tips for submitting an acceptable photo
- Set your camera to its lowest resolution. The photo must be less than 1600 x 1200 resolution. The maximum file size is 2 MB.
- The photo should be taken as a standard portrait.
- Make sure you are centred in the photo.
- You must be the ONLY person in the photo.
- Save the photo in JPG format and name the file according to your seven-digit student ID number (e.g., 0123456.jpg).
- Blurry images, images with hats and cropped images from group shots are not acceptable.
Photos deemed unacceptable will require re-submission. Student cards with unacceptable photos will not be issued.
Fall 2021 photo submission deadline for student ID card: 30 July 2021
STEP 2: uploading documentation confirming your identity and citizenship using WebAdvisor. The University requires proof of identity and citizenship before releasing student ID cards. The number and types of documents required depend on your place of residency and citizenship status. Please carefully review the criteria to obtain your student ID card. Once you have determined which documents to upload follow the upload instructions provided below.
If you are a Canadian citizen you will need to provide both proof of your citizenship and identity through one of the following options:
- Option 1: Your valid Canadian passport
- Option 2: Both your birth certificate issued by a Canadian jurisdiction and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 3: Your Canadian Citizenship Card or Certificate of Canadian Citizenship and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you will need to provide both proof of your permanent resident status in Canada and identity through one of the following options:
- Option 1: Your valid Permanent Resident Card and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 2: Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- Option 3: Record of Landing (IMM1000) and one piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
If you are an individual recognized by the federal government as being registered under the Indian Act, we will accept both the existing Canadian Certificate of Indian Status as well as the new Secure Certificate of Indian Status card (SCIS). The existing laminated cards will still be valid until the expiry date has lapsed.
If you are an International student, you must have immigration permission to remain in Canada for the length of your studies:
- Your current (non-Canadian) passport, including a valid study permit is required.
International students must have a valid study permit that will allow them to study at a post-secondary institution. Students who were in Canada attending a high school must make sure that they obtain a new study permit for the post-secondary level of study. See CIC's information on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp.
This is how to upload your document(s):
- Sign into WebAdvisor.
- Select "Students" under the "Main Menu" tab on the right side of the screen.
- Select "ID Card Verification" under "Registration" on the right side of the screen.
- In the table, locate the row with the description "Id Card Verification #1" and click on the "Upload" link for that row (last column on the right).
- After reading the information on this page carefully, check off the box for "I understand that I need to confirm my mailing address on WebAdvisor."
- Click the "Upload File" button and select your document, or drop your file into the boxed area. You can only submit one document on this page. Files must be smaller than 5MB. Accepted file types are PDF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF and TIFF.
- Click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of the page.
- Click "SUBMIT" in the "Confirm File Upload" window that pops up. The next screen confirms that your document has been successfully uploaded.
- If you are required to upload a second document, return to the "ID Card Verification" page, select the "Upload" link for "Id Card Verification #2," and repeat steps 5 to 8.
- If you are required to upload a third document, return to the "ID Card Verification" page, select the "Upload" link for "Id Card Verification #3," and repeat steps 5 to 8.
STEP 3: confirming your mailing address. Please ensure we have the correct mailing address on file. Sign into WebAdvisor, click on "Students" under "Main Menu" and then click on "Change My Address/Phone Number" under "Personal Info (User Profile)." If you need to change or add a mailing address, see the instructions for Change of Address/Personal Information.
STEP 4 (the final step!): confirming your emergency contact information. Students are required to provide at least one emergency contact. . Sign into WebAdvisor, click on "Students" under "Main Menu"under "Personal Info (User Profile).", select the “Emergency Contact Information” option.
Please complete all four steps before July 30th because you may need to use your card early in the semester (i.e., to borrow library books or write quizzes).
Student ID Cards will be available for in-person pick up at Registrarial Services, GH 110, commencing Monday, 30 August 2021.
In person pick up is available Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm (closed between 12pm - 1pm). You will need to present government photo ID to pick up your student card.
If you have not picked up your ID card by Friday, 24 September 2021 it will be mailed to your mailing address.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Current students/Card Replacement
If you already have a GH student card, please use the existing card as we do not produce another card unless lost, damaged or stolen. Please note, that if this is the case, the University of Guelph Humber uses the existing photo on file as we do not accept new photo ID submissions.
If you have lost or misplaced your card, just fill out an ID Replacement form online.
Please allow 10-15 business days for processing and mailing.