$20,000 total funding per recipient
The Founders' Academic Merit Scholarship recognizes academic achievement, leadership and extracurricular activities. Every year, 10 students are awarded a Founders' Academic Merit Scholarship. Each recipient receives $5,000 per academic year over four years of full-time study, for a total of $20,000.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Submit an application by February 28
- Successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Successful completion of six Grade 12 U and/or M courses, including program-specific subject requirements and a minimum 90% admissions average
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering the first year of post-secondary studies (for the first time)
- Applicants must have applied to the University of Guelph-Humber through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre by or before the deadline.
- Full-time registration in both semesters.
- This award cannot be held with the Guelph-Humber Student Leadership Scholarship, the University of Guelph’s President’s and Chancellors’ Scholarships or the University of Guelph’s Board of Governors’ Scholarships.
In order to retain the award for second, third and fourth years, recipients must maintain full-time registration, achieve a minimum 80% average each semester and submit an annual report which outlines their participation, accomplishments and leadership in campus and/or community activities each year.
Complete the Founders' Scholarship application form and submit it along with the required supporting documents to email@example.com.
Deadline: You must submit your application and all supporting documents by February 28, 2017.
Receiving your scholarship
We will automatically credit your scholarship to your University account. The scholarship amount for each year will be divided into two equal payments: one at the beginning of the fall semester and the other at the beginning of the winter semester.