Library Accessibility Services
Our staff is committed to equitable access to library facilities, collections, and services for all members of the academic community. To request library accessibility services contact ghlib@guelphhumber. Lean about the adaptive technology available at Humber.
The Guelph-Humber Assistive Lab in GH110 is available for student use.
Book & Article Retrieval
Book and article retrieval is available Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the list of items you need.
Accessible Content E-Portal
The Accessible Content E-Portal (ACE) contains alternative formats of the print book collections of participating Ontario colleges and universities.
Eligible users can request a token by filling out the ACE token form.
- Other formats of this form available upon request.
- Login to the ACE platform with your token to search for books.
How the ACE service works:
- Current Guelph-Humber students and instructors who have a verified perceptual disability can request access to ACE.
- Watch the Getting Started and Searching the Portal tutorials.
- For more videos and tutorials, visit the ACE guide for students.
- Contact email@example.com if the library book you need is not available.
If you require textbooks or other course materials in alternative formats, please contact Humber College Accessible Learning Services.
ACE is managed by Scholars Portal, a service of the Ontario Council of University Libraries. This initiative is possible because the Canadian Copyright Act supports persons with perceptual disabilities.