Podium and Classroom Orientation
All University of Guelph-Humber classrooms are equipped with AV equipment, including the following:
- Ceiling-mounted data projector
- Desktop computer
- Keyboard and mouse
- Laptop connection
- DVD/Blu-ray player and RCA port
You can also reserve additional equipment such as document cameras and VHS players for classroom use. Contact your Faculty Support Officer for more information on reserving special equipment and they will connect you with the appropriate department for assistance.
The following guidelines explain how to use classroom equipment effectively. Academic Services provides podium orientations to faculty. If you are interested in learning more, please contact your Faculty Support Officer.
The following guidelines explain how to use this equipment effectively. Academic Services provides podium orientations to faculty. If you are interested in learning more, please contact your Faculty Support Officer.
Accessing AV equipment
Scan your Lenel card to open the AV Closet and activate the AV system. Ensure the AV system is turned on.
Activating the projection system
- At the podium, you will be presented with a menu screen and asked to Select a Source (PC/Laptop, DVD, etc.). Once you select the appropriate source required, the system will activate. The projector will turn on and begin to warm up (this takes about 30 seconds).
- Please note, if you select Computer, you will need to log in. Your login information is the same credentials you use to log in to your office computer on campus.
- If you select VHS or DVD, the touch panel will bring up the controls for it. If you are using a CD, or DVD, they are located in the AV closet. You must put your disk in the respective device and then use the podium to control it.
- If you have selected a source and the projector is showing a blue screen, check the AV closet to ensure the device you have selected is powered ON. If the device is turned on, then re-select the source device from the touch panel (simply touch the icon again).
- If it is the room PC and you are getting a blue screen, try wiggling the mouse or press a key on the keyboard – the computer may be in Sleep mode.
- If you need a VGA cable to connect your laptop to the system, you can sign one out for your class from the I.T. Support Centre in NX210 – remember to Output your laptop signal.
Drop-In I.T. Support Hours (North Campus - NX210)
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Logging off and shutting down
- Remember to log off the computer before you shut down the system.
- Important: When you are finished, please touch the PROJ OFF (projector off) button to shut down. A screen should appear asking you if you are sure you want to shut down. Select Yes.
- Do not use the PICTURE ON/OFF icon to finish your show as all equipment remains active.
- Remember to shut down and close the AV closet door when you are finished.
For immediate assistance, simply pick up the courtesy telephone located in each classroom, and follow the automated prompt.