Skip to main content

Study Permit Information

Canadian Immigration Documents

In your offer package, you will receive an official offer letter and visa information sheet that will support your application for Canadian Immigration Documents. It is important that you apply for your Study Permit and Co-op Work Permit as soon as you receive your offer package. International students are required to apply for a Co-op Work Permit as well as a study permit as all programs have mandatory workplace experiences. Please note that we do not offer a formal co-op program. Your Co-op Work Permit will list the employer as “University of Guelph-Humber” and will allow you to work for any authorized work placement. 

Your application can be made at the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your country. The process can vary from days to months depending on the country you are applying from and whether you require a medical, police background check or if biometrics need to be collected.

Be sure to check the Government of Canada website for updates as you begin to make travel arrangements.

Post-Graduation Work Permit

After graduating, you are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) which may be issued for the duration of your program, or up to a maximum of 3 years. More information can be found on the Government of Canada website.

If you are looking for support or resources related to study permit applications, please review Humber's International Centre webpages.